Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gracias y Adios for now, Quito

Today was arguably my favorite day here in Quito, and of course, the last. It began with not waking up to an alarm (always a plus) followed by a delicious breakfast with fresh-squeezed orange juice and non-instant coffee. Us girls decided to hit the botanical gardens in El Parque Carolina, which turned out to be an excellent activity full of beautiful flores and amazing people-watching. 
Sketchy Ecuadorian wiring-it's a wonder we have electricity






Random group of Ecuadorians in the park ready for a photo-op
This woman turned away as soon as she realized I had taken her picture- the women are very shy about having pictures taken




I have a lot more pictures of the people here in Quito to share at some point; Lauren with her excellent command of the Spanglish language dubbed me the official "personaje photographer." For me, the people are what bring this very cloudy city alive.  Having taken over 800 photos on the trip so far, what's here is just a small taste, and hopefully I'll put the rest worth seeing on Flickr when I return home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment